THE DRAKE - BAMBOO SUNGLASSES
The Story of the Drake
When we designed The Drake, we wanted to create a great piece of gear that would be perfect for life on the water. Growing up in Michigan, being on the water was always just a part of the culture. Our beautiful peninsulas boast over 11,000 lakes, 16 major river systems, and 20,000 miles of cold, quality trout waters making our home a fly fishing, boating, and water-sports mecca. If you don’t fish, own a boat, or spend your summer weekends "Up North", you undoubtedly know someone who does. That’s why making a floatable pair of polarized sunglasses was a no brainer for us.
The Drake is carved from natural bamboo which makes it both strong and ultra-lightweight. In fact, they are so light they float on the water so you won’t have to worry about losing your sunglasses in the river, the lake, or the bottom of the ocean. Their sport wrap shape combined with polarized lenses maximizes your field of vision while cutting through glare on the water so you can see clearer and deeper.
Every river, every catch, and every excursion is unique. Now, so are your sunglasses. The Drake by DARMATI.
- The first wood sunglasses designed for life on the water. Why wear fake wood when you can wear the real thing?
- Designed to be ultra-lightweight so they float on the water. Never worry about losing another pair of sunglasses in the water again.
- Featuring a sport wrap frame to maximize a full and clear field of vision.
- Built with flex-hinges for a comfortable and secure fit that prevents your sunglasses from falling off your face.
- Made with temple arms that were designed to block out distracting excess light.
- Fitted with polarized lenses that cut through glare on the water so you can see clearer and deeper.
- Focus on catching fish, not the sun’s annoying glare. Our anti-reflective lens coating improves vision and virtually eliminates distractive reflections in your lenses so you can focus on your next catch.
- Our salt water resistant lens coating makes The Drake versatile enough for both your fresh water and salt water excursions.
- Protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays with The Drake’s UV400 protection.
Why DARMATI Eyewear
The Best in Style and Design: We want you to look fantastic in your new sunglasses. That’s why we focus on style, quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail when designing and carving all our handcrafted wood frames. We also include a bamboo hard case, a soft case, and a micro fiber cloth to properly maintain and protect your new high-end frames.
Made From The Highest Quality Materials: If you are going to buy a new pair of sunglasses, invest in a pair that is built with the best possible materials. Premium natural bamboo is the perfect material to make high-quality eyewear. Bamboo is ultra-lightweight and strong unlike cheap plastic or clunky metal alternatives. Our unique frames will quickly become your favorite pair of sunglasses.
THEY FLOAT! Never lose your sunglasses to the bottom of the ocean or lake again with our premium floatable frames. Why would you ever be on the water without a pair of sunglasses that float? Next time you're on the water, make sure you have a pair that floats!
Designed For The Most Comfortable Fit: We pay close attention to quality, comfort, and fit when we design our eyewear to ensure we are making the best possible frame. A lightweight frame is key to a comfortable fit. Our frames are so light and comfortable you might just forget you are wearing them. Additionally, each pair of sunglasses is built with quality flex-hinges to easily adjust to your face for the best fit possible.
Polarized Lenses That Are Perfect For Driving And Life On The Water: Polarized lenses are a hallmark of the best high-quality, functional sunglasses. Polarization cuts through annoying and dangerous sun glare so you can see clearly. If you wear sunglasses while driving, you need polarized lenses to cut through dangerous blinding glare reflecting off other cars. For fishing and boating, you need polarization to cut through the glare reflecting off the water which allows you to see clearer and see deeper so you can make your next big catch!
Protect Your Eyes: If your current lenses don’t offer UV400 protection, you need new sunglasses. UV400 lenses protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, which is why they come standard in our frames. Additionally, our sunglasses are equipped with the highest quality TAC lenses that are designed for durability and provide excellent vision clarity.
Free Shipping, Free Returns, Money Back Guarantee
You’re going to love your new sunglasses. That’s why we offer risk free shopping with free shipping, free returns, easy exchanges, and a 15 day money back guarantee on all orders.